This is what she looks like when she's blipping the throttle of a GSV-R in front of a not entirely convinced mechanic:
|"Shouldn't you be watching Twilight, sweetheart?"|
Then we did something called "research", which took ages and was really boring (you can see why so many websites prefer to copy and paste instead, then just put licky licky "according to the trusted and respected xyz blah blah blah snivel" to cover their backs). However, it enabled us to create this handy list of things you need to know about Elena Myers, should she ever crop up in conversation while out drinking with friends:
1) She can get her knee down.
2) She is hard as nails. With an injured foot pumped full of cortisone, earlier this year she became the first female to win a proper grown up AMA race. (GSXR600, AMA Pro Racing)
3) This 16 year old girl is both taller and heavier than Dani Pedrosa. (Dani, seriously, man up.)
4) She is, as they say in America, a straight A stoodent.
5) If we ran a Moto2 team, we'd give her a job 'cos she seems cool (and would guarantee loads of coverage for our sponsors, who would then, out of sheer gratitude, festoon us with money beyond the dreams of avarice.)
Of course, none of this excuses the ridiculous sentiment put out by her management referencing that first victory:
"Elena Myers proved that dreams can come true. And the ride is just beginning."
It looks like she'll have a burn round Valencia at the end of the season, and we wish her the best of luck. She'll do absolutely fine of course, because Suzuki will have run out of engines again by then so they'll just end up pushing her round.